My Go-To Smoothie Recipe

If I had £1 for every time I had drunk this smoothie over the last few years, I would be a rich, rich woman.

There is something so comforting about the mixture of peanut butter, chocolate, and banana that just speaks to my soul and I physically cannot get enough of it. I would eat (?) this for breakfast, lunch, and dinner if I could and I think it would take me a good while to get bored of it.

It's a super simple recipe, but I find it fills me up for hours and catches my cravings at the start all in one go. Once I've eaten this, there is urge to scoff a bar of chocolate or gorge myself on bad foods. The 'recipe' is below, if you'd like to try it?



1 banana, fresh or frozen
1/2 cup steel cut oats
1 scoop chocolate protein (I LOVE the Tropeaka one)
1 tbsp crunchy peanut butter
1 tbsp chia seeds
1 tsp honey
300ml water or non-dairy milk
Handful of ice
Optional - handful of spinach or raw cacao powder

This is my go to smoothie recipe after a workout. The banana helps to eliminate cramps and in conjunction with the oats and protein powder, it helps to keep me fuller for longer. The chocolate protein powder holds over 30% of my daily recommended iron intake, and as a vegetarian this is super important to me. Similarly, there's also omega's and protein from the chia seeds, which turn into the best jelly little nuggets ever!

I usually add extra cacao powder because it makes it really chocolatey, but if you want it to be a little healthier you can totally omit this and it won't affect the smoothie in the slightest.

Tag me if you try this, I'd love to hear your thoughts!

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.