Weekend Round Up

The past weekend was exactly what I needed. For the first time in a month, there were no workmen at the house and we woke up to birds singing rather than the alarm blaring reminding me to buy milk before the landscaper got here.

We had a pretty busy one nonetheless, and I'd love to share it with you, if you're interested?

The weekend started on Friday night. Don't you find that your weekend feels so much more fulfilling when you start it on the Friday evening rather than waiting for Saturday. I always feel much more refreshed come Monday morning if I did something on the first evening of freedom!




I went to dinner with a girlfriend to Prezzo, a local Italian chain. It's something we say we will do regularly, but the last time we did it, it was warm enough to not need a coat and so it's been at least six months! Yikes! We chose the restaurant because Sam and I have signed up to birthday deals to all the restaurants in town, and this particular branch was offering us a free bottle of Prosecco ;) This was followed by cocktails at Las Iguanas, which definitely didn't take long to drink!




We took the afternoon to go for a quick 6km bike ride up the local cycle track to burn some of the cabin fever off we had accumulated throughout the day. I love the fresh air in my face, but not so much the bugs I incessantly swallow. Saturday evening was my mother and step father's 50th birthday party. We went to a prestigious golf and country club in the area and danced the night away with friends and family alike. It was a really fun evening, but Sam and I aren't used to the early hours anymore and we were so tired by the time we came home! It was luscious to be able to take my heels off at the end of the night, something I've never taken for granted.





Sunday was a lot more chilled than Saturday, with a quick jaunt up to the local Top Golf location for their half price games between 9am - 11am. We used to do this all the time when we were living separately but we haven't made it there together since moving out(!!). It was a great way of getting the blood pumping and getting some exercise in first thing in the mornings, and the coffee wasn't half bad either. I finished up the day with meal preps for the week, and also a quick stretching session  on our stretch of patio whilst watching YouTube videos.

All in all, it was a really good weekend and I'm thankful there was no cricket to spoil our plans. Think of me next weekend when I lose Sam for both days and will have to try and find ways of entertaining myself once again. Watch out for all the cakes coming out of the oven.

2 comments:

  1. Hi! Stumbled upon your site. What a great blog you have. You seem to have a great personality and write about fun topics! I hope you have more relaxing, fun and refreshing weekends coming your way!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.